If you’re in the process of building a home or redoing your air system, there are few options you can select from. When it comes down to it, two of the most common options are heat pumps and furnaces. Before deciding on which to choose, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons. After all, it’s your money — don’t you want to make sure you’re making a well-educated decision? Here are some pros and cons that may help you decide between two popular options.
Heat pumps are great because they serve two purposes — talk about being multi-talented! They’re air conditioners that work in reverse to also provide heat for your home when needed.
- They work efficiently year round. By making the investment, you can drastically reduce both heating and cooling costs.
- Environmentally friendly. Heat pumps can create one-and-a-half to three times more heat energy than they use up.
The Not So Good:
- Heat pumps are typically more expensive, however the argument can be made that you’re getting two products in one.
- You may need a backup heat source. In the rare instance temperatures dip well below average, supplementary heat may be necessary.
- Furnaces are very common and very popular. They create heat by burning natural gas, and then transferring it into the air and spreading around your home.
- Electric furnaces are also available and are known to also be popular in terms of an extended lifespan in comparison to gas.
- They’re less expensive than heat pumps. However this comes with the notion that you will most likely have to upgrade your air conditioner in order to reap the savings throughout the year.
- They’re very energy efficient. They can convert up to 97% of the gas it consumes into heat. Talk about going green! If you decide on an electric furnace, you may experience higher operating costs than that of an electric furnace.
The Not So Good:
- Even though they’re considered to be efficient, heat pumps still win this battle.
If you’re looking for heating options in the Boca Raton area, Aspen Air Conditioning is your premier Air company. For more information, visit our website and don’t forget to like us on Facebook!