Did you know that running your home’s air conditioning system all day and night can cause it to break down more frequently? In order to save on repair bills and extend the lifespan of your equipment, you need to give it a rest every now and then. See below for a few ways you can keep cool without keeping your system pumping:
- Open up your windows and turn on ceiling fans at night. This will help draw in cooler air from outside and lower the temperature inside your home while you sleep.
- Keep blinds and curtains closed during the day. This will keep the sun’s warm rays from penetrating through your windows.
- Spend time in a public air conditioned place. The library or the local coffee shop are great options.
- Opt for cold foods such as sandwiches or smoothies instead of cooking warm meals.
- Take a dip in the pool or spend time at the beach and remember to turn your system down before leaving the house for extended periods of time.
In need of air conditioning repair or maintenance in Boca Raton? Contact the experts at Aspen Air Conditioning today! We’ve been keeping South Florida cool for decades so you know you can count on us.