Air conditioning systems are available in two popular options. On one hand, central air conditioning, which houses a unit outside, cools the entire space in which it is installed. On the other, ductless air conditioning is typically used for single rooms on a smaller scale, and generally runs much quieter than the competitor. When it comes to deciding between the two, there are a few things to compare.
Portrait Of Young Male Technician Repairing Air Conditioner
- Ductless systems are considered to be much more precise, given the ability they have to cool a small room in a short amount of time, and very efficiently.
- They’re really smart. Newer ductless air conditioning units can vary based on the conditions around them, and adjust output to maximize energy efficiency. Basically, they’ve got a mind of their own!
- By switching to ductless units, the EPA ESTIMATES the average home can save up to $1,000 per year on cooling costs!
- Although efficient, the aesthetic appearance of a ductless unit has been frowned upon, due to the space it takes on a wall.
- Central air units present the ease of cooling an entire building or home without the need to travel from room to room in order to make it happen.
- Filters are more efficient on central units, and they tend to work much better than with smaller filters on ductless units — meaning cleaner air for you!
- If something goes wrong, you can typically replace a single part on your central air unit, whereas you might need to replace the entire unit on a ductless system. The result?
- Cheaper costs and much less waiting time if something were to go wrong.
If you’re thinking about a new A/C system, Aspen Air Conditioning is Boca Raton’s leading provider of quality parts, service and installation. We offer unsurpassed quality and ease of appointment making. To request a quote, call us at 561-396-1500, or like us on Facebook!