You have been running your air conditioner for some time now, but when was the last time you performed maintenance on it? If you can’t remember, that’s probably not a good sign because without regular maintenance your system could begin to break down. This will cause it to work extra hard and can cause your energy bills to soar as a result.
How can you keep your cooling system operating efficiently while keeping green in your wallet? Some of the necessary maintenance should be left to the pros, like us, but there are some things you can do on your own.
What To Leave For The Experts:
- Cleaning the evaporator if it’s located inside of a sealed sheet metal box
- Maintaining the condenser – this includes cleaning the coils with commercial cleaner
- Charging your system’s refrigerant lines
- Fixing a problem with the Freon
What You Can Do Yourself
- Check the filter regularly and clean or replace it as needed
- Inspect your ducts for leaks
- Make sure the unit is free of dirt and other debris
- Maintain at least 2 to 3 feet of space clear all around the condenser. This includes cutting down any grass or weeds that have grown.
When you’re ready to call in the pros, make sure to call Aspen Air Conditioning. We’ll make sure your system is up and running at maximum capacity so your home remains comfortable and your wallet stays full!